Are you the parent of a child who will be entering Grade R in the next couple of years? Then, this workshop is for YOU – Johannesburg
The Reception Year, Grade R, is a fundamental year in the development of a child’s literacy and their love of school & learning. We should never run the risk of it being a wasted year or a negative experience. There is a wide range of ‘Grade R’ environments & curriculum on offer and therefore, as parents, it really helps to be in the know.
Lianne, a teacher with over 20 years of experience in the field of education & training, will help you to understand some of the theory behind what takes place in a Grade R classroom. She will also give tips and advice on what shouldn’t happen and what you can do at home to build on what is learned at school.
This will enable you, as parents, to understand the school environment better, maximize the benefit your child takes away from this year, communicate more effectively with your child’s teacher, constructively support and build on the learning taking place, support the school & teachers in meaningful ways and ensure that your child has a happy and successful start to life at school.
You will learn…
- how you, as a parent, can contribute to your child’s literacy development
- what role you can/should play in your child’s academic life
- what literacy is and how it affects academic success across all subjects
- how Grade R contributes to the development of advanced literacy
- what Grade R is all about & what should take place in the classroom
- the value of learning through play – structured & unstructured – at home & at school
- what neural pathways are and how they are created
- what is meant by school readiness, how Grade R contributes to this and why it is important for entry into Grade 1
Literacy development should be the concern of the family as a whole and therefore, Lianne encourages mothers, fathers & guardians of any type to attend this workshop and fill in the gaps in their knowledge.
Choose your dates
2020 dates TBA – Johannesburg
18:45 – 21:00
Kingfisher Drive, Fourways / Standard Drive, Pine Park (Randburg)
For more information about Lianne & LB Literacy, click here.
To explore working with Lianne in Randburg / Sandton and other areas in Johannesburg, contact her for a consultation to discuss how she can assist you.